Thursday, August 18, 2011

Perfect day!

I am so excited, still, and its 11 o'clock at night!! Today went perfectly. I got up early and my mom, Nana and I first went to get my Nana her first Vera Bradley, it was her bday present and we were so excited to be able to treat her with her first Vera. We then headed to Anya's bridal in Atlanta. I was so nervous I couldnt even think straight. We get there and I was the only bride for the most part, which I was happy about. I tried on probably 10 different dresses. The first dress I put on, I got that feeling. I fought back the tears bc I knew there was NO way the first dress i tried on could be the ONE but maybe I was wrong :) I tried on several more. I realized what I thought I would like was not really what I liked. I wanted the super tight, flared out at the ankles "mermaid" style. But I found something totally different. I narrowed it down to 2-3 different dresses at Anya. I had a great feeling about all 3. I felt like a princess and all I could imagine was walking down the aisle to my prince and hoping to light up his eyes.

I left there and we headed to get lunch at my favorite place, Chilis. (BAD IDEA). We had a wonderful lunch full of an appetizer, main course and dessert. Really brittany? Not sure what I was thinking because I felt horrible afterwards when we headed to Davids Bridal. Bloated is an understatement especially as I was trying on dresses :/ But I got past that and tried on lots and lots of different dresses. Wesleys mom was able to come, my future amazing mother in law. And it was so nice having her there. There was a point that I was trying on a dress, walked out, and all 3 (mom, nana and Sharon) started crying. It was special. I love them.
So after 3 hours of trying on dresses at Davids Bridal I narrowed it down to 2 dresses.
WHAT A DECISION. I now have 3 dresses at Anyas and 2 at Davids to choose between. Stressed? I think so. I think I know which one I want, but I will wait to make that decision next week when I go again :)
After dress shopping me, my mom and nana went and had pedis and manicures done. I have to slow down and start making more time for things like this. It was so special sitting there and laughing and talking with the 2 women I look up more to than anyone. We decided to make it a monthly thing.


On another note, I got a phone call today from the dental office in Alpharetta to come in for a second interview with the dentist. God is in control and I know He will take care of me. But its so wonderful He is opening more doors for me, as of yesterday I was given an extra half day from Dr. Campbell (the dentist i work for now).

Okay time for bed, just talked to my wesley so now I can sleep the night away. He comes home tomorrow, I CANT WAIT!! He is so handsome!


<3 Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment